Significant Reasons to Visit Dental Clinic for Preventive Dental Care
The teeth are indispensable in the smooth running of our daily lives. They aid chewing of food, pronunciation of words, and production of speech and are responsible for the shape of the face. Damage to the teeth can render them unable to carry out their functions. It can also harm your dental health and even lead to other health issues.
At Concord Dental and Orthodontics, we offer preventive dental services. You can rest assured of a lifetime of good oral health with proper preventive dental care. How? Let’s see.
Preventive dentistry helps you to maintain good oral health through a combination of good oral hygiene practices like brushing and flossing and regular dental checkups.
Preventative dentistry services include regular dental exams, dental cleanings, dental X-rays, fluoride treatment, sealant application, etc.
Main Reasons To Visit Dental Clinic Regularly
Regular visits to a dental clinic for dental checkups are preventive dental practices that help to protect and care for your dental health. The following are reasons why you should visit a dental clinic regularly:
- To Be Enlightened And Educated On Proper Dental Hygiene: One of the causes of the heavy buildup of dental plaques in the mouth is the lack of knowledge on proper dental hygiene. However, regular visits to a dental clinic would help you adopt good oral hygiene practices as directed by your dentist.
- To Save Your Teeth: Regular visits to a dental clinic can help save your teeth from decay.
- For Dental Cleanings: While regular brushing and flossing can keep your mouth clean, there are nooks and crannies which the soft bristles of your toothbrush cannot get to. These nooks and crannies can harbor dental plaques that are harmful to your dental health.
- To Prevent Future Issues: During dental checkups, your dentist examines your mouth thoroughly. That helps your dentist spot irregularities and abnormalities that could later turn into more significant dental problems. These dental threats are taken care of and prevented from escalating into more significant dental issues.
One of the diseases that regular visits to a dental clinic can prevent is Periodontitis. Periodontitis is the advanced stage of gum disease that destroys the gums and even the jawbone. Periodontitis can be avoided if discovered and treated early (gingivitis) during regular dental checkups.
Various Symptoms Of Periodontitis
The following are signs that you may have Periodontitis:
- Halitosis (Bad Breath).
- Pain while chewing or performing other activities with your mouth.
- Loose teeth or total loss of teeth.
- Abscessed tooth (Pus between the gums and the teeth).
- Receding gums.
- Bright red, dusky red, or purplish swollen or puffy gums.
- Gums that bleed easily.
- Malocclusion (A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite).
Periodontitis can be very painful and lead to other severe dental and even medical health conditions. Therefore, you must go for regular checkups at dental clinics. At Concord Dental & Orthodontics, you can get services related to periodontics in Concord, CA. Periodontics is a branch of dentistry concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of functional and structural diseases of the periodontal membrane and related tissues.
Periodontal Therapy Procedures
The following are the therapy procedures you might undergo if you opt for periodontics near you:
- Gum Graft: This is a surgical procedure that involves covering an exposed tooth root with soft tissue. The tissue used in this procedure is usually gotten from the patient’s palate, making the gumline even.
- Scaling and Planing: This procedure helps to reduce gum infection by cleaning the periodontal pocket deeply. During the process, the dentist lifts the gums and removes tartar and bacterial toxins, after which antibiotics are applied. It is practical and, most times, enough to reverse the symptoms of gum diseases.
- Regenerative procedure: It involves using tissue-stimulating proteins to restore the health of bones and tissues naturally. It is mainly used when there has been damage to the bones.
- Laser Treatment: With this procedure, a laser is used to remove the diseased tissue causing infections in the gums.